what is the point of......................

B

breezer

i understand it makes some people money, but tonight i have had a well known brand of home shopping catalogue put through the door, the one where they collect it in a few days and if you want something you pay when they bring it.

anyway looking through the catalogue what s the pont of

slimline drinks dispenser, you put it in your fridge, its basicaly a plastic box with a lid and tap.

you cant put "carton juice" in it as they are 1 litre capacity, this thing holds 1.8 litres, so what do you do with the other 0.2 litres, and where do you keep the cartons? in the fridge

and there is the flytrap window stickers, (look like small sunfloweres) who wants to stick dead flies to a window?

and waht about the stop spider spray, spiders dont alwys come in trough doors

any one with any more?

Sponsored Links
Another catalogue firms great idea, taking into account we are having one of the warmest summers for years:
click here
he he, wonder if they got Rodney Trotter in marketing too :LOL:

seeing that jumpstarter reminds me you are paying a heck of a lot for a 17Ah battery, they used to cost £150 (the unit not the battery) a couple of years ago, i remeber the informertial about them

Don't even think about buying the flower shaped window sticking fly catchers. My Missus bought some of that catalogue- you could almost hear the flies p*****g themselves laughing as they got all their mates to join in the party they were having on them! Then the stickers melted onto the window and it took alot of scraping to get them off! :eek:

Sponsored Links
i wasnt thinking of buying them , i thought how stupid they are, and acording to the blurb they dont stick to the window

breezer said:
i understand it makes some people money, but tonight i have had a well known brand of home shopping catalogue put through the door, the one where they collect it in a few days and if you want something you pay when they bring it.

anyway looking through the catalogue what s the pont of

slimline drinks dispenser, you put it in your fridge, its basicaly a plastic box with a lid and tap.

you cant put "carton juice" in it as they are 1 litre capacity, this thing holds 1.8 litres, so what do you do with the other 0.2 litres, and where do you keep the cartons? in the fridge

and there is the flytrap window stickers, (look like small sunfloweres) who wants to stick dead flies to a window?

and waht about the stop spider spray, spiders dont alwys come in trough doors

any one with any more?

Loan sharks in disguise ;)

what gets up my nose is every time i go shopping at the checkout they say HAVE YOU GOT YOUR POINT CARD, DO YOU WANT HELP WITH YOUR PACKING . HERE,S ME 6 FT 3 FIT AS THE BUTCHERS DOG AND YOU GET THESE CRETIN CHECK OUT AT ASDA, TESCO,S SAINSBURY,S DO YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR PACKING, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
are they blind i can bench press 400lbs and they ask me do you want help with your packing, tell yea wat next time im going to say yes.

you mean to tell me that s big as you are (or may be) you can open one of them flimsy carrier bags first time?

breezer said:
you mean to tell me that s big as you are (or may be) you can open one of them flimsy carrier bags first time?

well sainsbury,s have this new carrier bag despesor with little taps on the top, and to be honest they do work but go into the fruit and veg and try to open one of those plastic bags arrrrrrrrrrr and arrrrrrrrrrrrr i have got so pi.sed off with it i just choke the fruit and spuds all looose in my trolly and let them deal with it at the check out.

BOB.DOLE said:
breezer said:

well sainsbury,s have this new carrier bag despesor with little taps on the top, and to be honest they do work but go into the fruit and veg and try to open one of those plastic bags arrrrrrrrrrr and arrrrrrrrrrrrr i have got so pi.sed off with it i just choke the fruit and spuds all looose in my trolly and let them deal with it at the check out.
Hi Bob is choking fruit and spuds a new hobby :)

BOB.DOLE said:
breezer said:

Dont get me going on clingfilm :evil: :evil: :evil:

my missis always says you can skim a full house,knock walls down but you cant wrap a sandwich :evil: :evil:

BOB.DOLE said:
what gets up my nose is every time i go shopping at the checkout they say HAVE YOU GOT YOUR POINT CARD, DO YOU WANT HELP WITH YOUR PACKING . HERE,S ME 6 FT 3 FIT AS THE BUTCHERS DOG AND YOU GET THESE CRETIN CHECK OUT AT ASDA, TESCO,S SAINSBURY,S DO YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR PACKING, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
are they blind i can bench press 400lbs and they ask me do you want help with your packing, tell yea wat next time im going to say yes.
Christ, it's the other way round with me! I always end up buying more than I need to, they scan it through quicker than I can even open the bags, let alone pack anything, and if I say "can I have some help packing?" they look at me as if I've gone mad...!

What I hate most is: when the customer before is packing everything in the bags, while everything is scanned already and the lady/girl/gent behind the till is waiting patiently to get some money, or a card. And when finally everything is packed, the customer starts rummaging through the handbag to find the wallet! Ahhhh (and we are still waiting, we are still waiting)

What's this with this country, ever heard of logistics?
While everything is scanned, you start packing. When the last item is scanned, you hand over the money or card. While your payment is being processed you resume packing. Simple!

WoodYouLike said:
What's this with this country, ever heard of logistics?
While everything is scanned, you start packing. When the last item is scanned, you hand over the money or card. While your payment is being processed you resume packing. Simple!

You are quite wrong, but being Dutch you may not know the intricacies of checkout etiquette:
1. Put your stuff on the conveyor.
2. While your goods are being scanned you can either chat with the assistant or gaze around at your surroundings.
3. As the last items are being scanned you should start to put your stuff into the bags.
4. When the assistant gives you the total you should stop packing (if you have got it right you will only have packed one item anyway) and start rummaging around for your money. It's always worth checking how much cash you have before deciding whether or not to use a credit card.
5. Hand over card and stand waiting until you are given your receipt.
6. Fish out your purse/wallet (which you should always put away while waiting for receipt) put away card and receipt carefully and replace purse/wallet, ensuring that handbag is securely closed.
7. Walk to end of checkout and resume packing. Take your time, it's worth packing properly to make sure your tomatoes don't get squashed, and people won't mind waiting.

this is why i dont like going shopping alone. packing! i'm a bloke, they expect me to be able to pack bags on my own (which i can do in the confines of my convenience store) but i'm always the one that gets the fastest cashier ever who doesn't think to slow down when i have a backup of shopping on the packing area. She just keeps on shoving it down! :evil:

Funnily enough, when i go with someone else we get the "would you like any help with packing?" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cling film is ok as long as nobody else interferes with it. Whenever i get to it, someone has unravelled about 10 layers, getting progressively thinner on each layer :evil: its nearly impossible to get a straight edge again, i threw a nearly new roll away once because i couldnt stand the frustration.

Now, chip and pin and packing . . . You put the card in the reader . . do you then resume packing until the "enter pin" is displayed, and while the girl asks if you want any cashback? Or do you stay with the card at all times?

Sponsored Links
Back