young kids + cars/music

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when You're @ home listeneing to your stereo do you put your hand out the front window & tap your fingers to the music without looking at anything in paticular.music must be VERY LOUD & you should only here the BASS going BOOM BOOM BOOM,BOOM BOOM BOOM.
if not then why do young lads in saxo's/astrsa's/old bmw's do it?
you see them in a traffic Q just looking straight ahead and not at the general public that mutter under there breath "what a w******"
they seem to be laid back in the chair with there left hand positioned straight out in front of them & the other one either on the roof or draped down the side of the door.baseball hat on backwards is optional,they can usually be spotted in busy high streets normally going round in circles accelerating for at least 12 ft really fast.(we're talking mid to high 10 mph
speeds before the speed bumps take off their front splitter)
you have to have a kenwood sticker on the window or even a big one saying either vauxhall or mondeo just in case they forgot what the'yr car was called. :eek:
if your really cool you could fit some sooper dooper alloy wheels to your nova & paint the disc caipers on the front red or yellow but you must remember to paint the rear drum brakes as well coz the general public will be impressed that you're 1 litre engine has a dustbin instead of a rear exhaust box.these are just general observations that i have made,maybe you might have spotted them aswell. :p

Sponsored Links
Doth the Chav vex thee sir? :D

Yes, the "Kevmobile" as it is affectionately known round my way is usually an icon to bad taste. I used to read Max Power, and some of the cars you get there, and at the tuning shows, are really spectacular. Someone has really taken some time and money and put a lot of effort into a car. Highly tuned engine, good quality hi-fi equipment, subtle but effective styling modifications. Then it can be something special.

However, 99% of "modified" cars are produced by people with as much style or design skill as Linda Barker. They take a rusty old car, then instead of fixing up the rust and other problems before starting on it, they just go straight in there with the fibreglass bodykit and "sounds like a fart gone wrong" exhaust.

Of course, they believe the hype on the packaging to their engine mods. The maths go as follows

45 bhp Nova
+ 10 bhp from an air filter
+ 10 bhp from a new backbox
+ 7 bhp from "Splitfire" spark plugs
+ 1 bhp from the colour coded plug leads
+ 5 bhp from the silicone hose set

= a total of 78bhp... Yeh right!

My sister's old car was class. She bought a metallic blue 1991 VW Polo when she was 17. Colour coordinated the interior with subtle details like blue anodised pedals, a blue gearlever gator, the stereo had a blue electroluminescent display.

But what a stereo. Hehehe! It used to surprise people because there would be this innocent looking Polo, with an innocent looking girl driving it, but with the £1500 or so of amps, subs, CD changers etc. we installed in it, it was something special. The sound quality was amazing (better than many home set-ups I have heard) very detailed, but all she had to do was switch the head-unit to the "DANCE" tone setting, crank the volume and it went from carefully balanced hi-fi to a bass machine that made elephants in Africa prick up their ears. Seriously, even with the windows open the speakers in the boot made so much air pressure you could see the rear windscreen flexing to the beat!

Then it got nicked :cry:

There is a chav who comes and picks up the girl across the street from me. Rusty old Nova 1l. He has the most rubbish sounding stereo in the world, but he turns it all the way up. The speakers are all crackly, the sound is distorted, there isn't enough bass to it to be enjoyable for anyone (including him). It sounds so bad that I realised I was wincing as he got out of the car. And for some reason, he feels the need to cane it everywhere. What, so is that going to persuade me that it ISN'T a 1 litre Nova, but really a highly-tuned turbocharged beast? :LOL:

why when people have a bit of rust on their car do they not finish it off?
haw many mk 2 cavaliers.sierras do you see with the grey primer on the rear wheel arches.door bottoms etc.....
if i had spent ages filling/rubbing down i would put a top coat on.
why don't major car makers do colours including primer grey,golden brown (rust) or even pink on roof and front bonnet.(this only applies to mark 2 astras that we're originally painted red) :p

Filling, rubbing & getting to primer is a lot easier than trying to get a good paint finish.. If its painted & looks S*** its S****...with primer & ready to paint it will look a lot better than bad paint.. Thats only my thorts..

As far as loud music in cars I think they are saying ' Hey look at me arnt I a To**er', I dont think they are looking at nothing they are looking at who is looking at them.

Sponsored Links
It's not just old cars: Someone with a 2 year old 206 on my street, in blue, obviously dinted it so they filled and primed. But haven't painted.

It is probably because they get that far and then realise they don't have the skills to spray.

I used to live opposite a guy who would respray any scratches on his car. Did a brilliant job. It was all about masking properly, thin layers and very fine cutting compound. After he had a couple of coats of resin polish on you couldn't see where he had been.

Red car fade is a notorious problem with all manufacturers of red cars except for Ferrari. I have seen an entirely pink Fiat Uno that turned out to be red! Apparently the latest generation of red paints are much more resistant to fade.

Diyisfun said:
As far as loud music in cars I think they are saying ' Hey look at me arnt I a To**er', I dont think they are looking at nothing they are looking at who is looking at them.

Thing is, I always feel music is a personal thing so if I open my window for some reason (car park barrier perhaps) then I turn the stereo off... I would feel really self-conscious if someone was looking at me whilst I had music blasting out of the windows.

Perhaps it is to do with overcompensation: they can't afford air conditioning so try to make up for it by demonstrating that their stereo is loud. :LOL:

The driver and passenger seats have to be cranked back so there's no rear legroom cos the seat backs are resting on the rear squab cushion.

The sidelights + front fogs must be illuminated at all times. The washer jets must be illumed with blue neons (illegal).

A silencer that turns ones brains to jelly when the rev counter hits 6.5K.

It doesn't bother the occupants, though. Wonder why?

Treble reduced 100%, Bass increased to 100%. Or if graphic, similar adjustments.

Volume= ouch.

They'll have hearing aids before they're 30.

What really gets me is how "universal" this "get-up" has become.

If you want to stand out, don't be a sheep.

If they were a bit more sensible, then they would wear ear-defenders... :D

I read a report that said that many people in rock bands have the hearing of a 70 year old man by the time they are in their 20s... Would probably apply to chavs in Novas too.

Now you see, Simon, they have to put the foglights on, otherwise how will people know they have foglights?! Durr! ;)

And they HAVE to have a straight-through exhaust, otherwise how will people know they have a fast car? They can't prove it by driving, seeing as it isn't a fast car, but just so long as people think it is, they can be happy! :LOL:

On my way home from work on Friday I saw possibly the ugliest Vauxhall Corsa in the land... turqoise, with about 4 different body kits on it (none of which complemented each other!). You could tell by the way it moved that it had heavily uprated suspension on it... Numberplate changed to a square one in the corner of the bumper. And by the way he was driving it (weaving in and out, under and overtaking) and the revs he was using to drive it that way, you could tell that it was probably a 1.2 litre!!! Would have been hilarious if a pensioner in a Daewoo or Hyundai had booted it past him!

AdamW said:
If they were a bit more sensible, then they would wear ear-defenders... :D

I read a report that said that many people in rock bands have the hearing of a 70 year old man by the time they are in their 20s... Would probably apply to chavs in Novas too.
see http://www.lhh.org/noise/decibel.htm

I saw a classic at my local McDonald's drive-thru (I was just walking past, honest) – It was a white Fiesta with 'Made in the USA. Improved in Welling' on a sticker in the rear window. Technically incorrect as the car probably came from Dagenham – but that would surely sound silly...

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back