Screwfix or Toolstation searches, missing the paper catalogues.

I don't know what system they are using these days. I usually look online and, write the part number on a scrap of paper which, I hand to the counter operative.

Sponsored Links
I don't know what system they are using these days. I usually look online and, write the part number on a scrap of paper which, I hand to the counter operative.
If you order online for in-store pickup you have to enter you order number on the doodah rather than waiting in a queue for the desk. Sometimes there is a queue for the doodah. :rolleyes:

Using a keyboard is hardly a bother in this day and age surely? Most folk on the planet use a keyboard and/or touch screen daily.
They have used one to type on here, surely?

Sponsored Links
Complaining about "....typing nonsense", typed into an internet forum....the irony :ROFLMAO:

I see you're in Wales-shire, @lostinthelight. What do you browse the internet on? A llaptop, perhaps? :D
I don't recall specifically saying I had a problem typing, I've been using a keyboard since Spectrum days,I was using the term as the point at which SF changed their system where one had to use a screen in-store
. I normally order and pay through the app and send someone to collect which was dead easy but SF's new system has made me reluctant to ask anymore .

. I normally order and pay through the app and send someone to collect which was dead easy but SF's new system has made me reluctant to ask anymore

What I do too, and I don't see your issue with this.
Forward the confirmatory text / email to the person collecting, who types the number into the tablet in-store.
Or, just feign tech-ignorance / pretend you've forgotten your reading glasses, and show text / email to SF staff. They'll do the rest.

I honestly don't see what you've described as any problem at all, and definitely easier than the "order and pay at the counter" method.

Not having a physical catalogue to leaf through though: I am in full agreement with anyone who misses this.
I use Google to search Screwfix, as the search facility in the SF app is crap in comparison.

What these?? Can't find them anywhere....
Them's the ones; a bargain I recall and really worked well. Gutted they seem no longer available. The only sets I find have a small number of bits for a comparatively much higher price

"To achieve your goal, type this 12 character, no spaces, order number"

If Scrwfix had bothered to employ anyone with a modicum of sense in computer user interface design they would have thrown that **** out at the drawing board stage.

Really winds me up when software developers (a variant of human that is typically about as far removed from regular Scrwfix customers as could possibly be) are left, unattended, to make systems that they think are acceptable!

Edit: do the forum have some deal with SF? I note that every mention of that company name in my post became a link through an ad tracker, to said company site..

Last edited:
I don't see your issue with this.
Me neither. Its certainly not upsetting enough to force a boycott, surely? Keyboard or touch screens will pretty much be your introductory reception at most institutions in the near future.

Me neither. Its certainly not upsetting enough to force a boycott, surely? Keyboard or touch screens will pretty much be your introductory reception at most institutions in the near future.
Indeed, a couple of schools I visit have touch screens with a camera, check in and have photo taken for your badge

Screwfix group is B&Q. During lockdown they put lockers in the "foyer". It's a massive shop, so order online, go, punch your number in, locker opens and you're out. Saves ages.

Sponsored Links
Back