Planning permission (underground)?

Apparently there is a house in Austria that has a basement he can use instead :D

Sponsored Links
so he never did it then? shame... i wanted to see how it went, and wether or not i could do the same.

Ok just read the thread as I am looking to do something similar.... Think I will start a new thread though as my idea is slightly different.

We are looking to build a bunker similar to that of a military installation as a commercial venture. We run an Alarm Receiving Centre and are looking to have a purpose made structure, resistant to attack (Within reason I think anything more than a hand grenade or similar device is over kill as the idea would be to resist attack long enough to get the system switched over to a redundant site then escape out the back!)

The bigger the better as it would be nice not to have the feeling of clostrapobhia and the cost I am sure will be less than buying a similar building in a town centre.

Ideally it would have an office type room fit for 3 people, separate kitchen space to eat/make drinks (maybe even a pool table), a toilet and possibly shower/changing area.

My basic idea so far is to dig a big hole (a lot bigger than what the building will be), put some crushed rock type material in the bottom, make a structure from metal reinforcing bar about 1-2 foot from the bottom of the pit, then place a pile of the gabions round the sides 1 meter or so from the 'earth' wall/edge virtually up to the surface, then back fill the gap with more crushed rock. Then on the metal platform place shipping containers that have been welded together forming the room/internal area, place some reinforcing bar across the top extending the whole lenght of the hole and side structures, then fill the remainder of the hole with concrete so that the floor, sides and roof are cast in one go.

Thats the basic idea for the building, obviously there is further consideration for utilities, drainage, ventilation, generators, pumps, access and egress and the likes.

I am looking for land and planning permission is not a problem if needs be (not too sure how they would ever know unless you were to tell them? In which case is could be a few shelters one for each member of the family!)

Any one want to put there pennys worth in? If so I will start a separate thread to try contain the ideas specific to this brain wave!

Sponsored Links
:qoute..We are looking to build a bunker similar to that of a military installation as a commercial venture. We run an Alarm Receiving Centre and are looking to have a purpose made structure, resistant to attack (Within reason I think anything more than a hand grenade or similar device is over kill as the idea would be to resist attack long enough to get the system switched over to a redundant site then escape out the back!) ..unquote

Jeez!!!!! its only a monitoring centre, grenade attack -resist the attack long enough to escape out the back!!!

I cant see these premises being prime target for terrorist attacks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back