Planning Portal - Mandatory Biodiversity survey and report

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else have this? It is a local requirement for certain types of work but because the Planning Portal class it as mandatory you cannot progress with the application until you upload something in supporting documents even if the application does not require one.

It does my head in. I am pretty much done with Planning Portal since they introduced their £25 admin fee but this is just about the last straw. :mad:

Does anyone know a hack to bypass it? Otherwise I will be reduced to submitting applications on handwritten application forms. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Upload a blank document with the appropriate title, or say its combined with one of the other uploads.

Thanks Woody, I like the idea of the blank document.

This job includes installing a couple of rooflights, a last minute change the client sprung on me, so technically the planners could ask for a bloody bat survey. So I'm trying to sneak it through validation before they realise.

This job would be so much easier if we didn't have all these pointless bureaucratic hoops to jump through, plus I seem to have had a string of really annoying clients recently. Maybe it is time to find a new career! Doing bat surveys looks quite lucrative..... how hard can it be?

bloody bat survey
Mention this again and you are BLOCKED. :mad:

What a rigmarole. More councils seem to be asking for these for run-of-the-mill extensions connecting to roofs. I need to get into the bat surveying game, as it's going to be a good earner looking for bat shiit and charging £500 a pop for a 10 page cut n'paste report.

Sponsored Links
I note that a bat survey is more expensive and time consuming than simply installing batboxes for every species of bat.

Mention this again and you are BLOCKED. :mad:

What a rigmarole. More councils seem to be asking for these for run-of-the-mill extensions connecting to roofs. I need to get into the bat surveying game, as it's going to be a good earner looking for bat shiit and charging £500 a pop for a 10 page cut n'paste report.

Recently had to have a bat survey done. I think its the quickest I've seen someone "earn" £500 for a 10 minute look in the loft. Definitely in the wrong job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back