Change on planning application/PD?

Cheers Freddy and Woody also, feel like I'm in planning/building regs therapy and you lot are my psychiatrists :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I think we'll have to disagree on the PD issue.

But I think we all agree that the extension could be built, and there is little chance of enforcement action - or any action being successful all things considered

You don't need any planning permission to built permanent full width sheds detached from the main house and they can be as big as 20 foot in length if need be, as long as the height does not exceed 3 meters and it still leaves a reasonable garden area.
My neighbour has it, when i was not happy about it as it seemed too large, they told me (the PD) that everyone is entitled to built permanent sheds as long as they are for use as a shed and not for people living in side.

My local Council has been conducting checks on all sheds to find which ones contain a bed! :rolleyes: They even checked my wooden shed!

Sponsored Links
You don't need any planning permission to built permanent full width sheds detached from the main house and they can be as big as 20 foot in length if need be, as long as the height does not exceed 3 meters and it still leaves a reasonable garden area.
My neighbour has it, when i was not happy about it as it seemed too large, they told me (the PD) that everyone is entitled to built permanent sheds as long as they are for use as a shed and not for people living in side.

My local Council has been conducting checks on all sheds to find which ones contain a bed! :rolleyes: They even checked my wooden shed! which is only hald the size of my neighbour, i.e 10 x 12 foot., my neighbour's is 20 x 17!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back