planning turned down window

bmx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had my plans past for an extension but they want me to change a bedroom window that looks straight at next doors gable end. they said i could have it as a high level window(1.68m sill height. but i dont fancy that. if i say the bedroom is going to be a study/office(which it will be ) could i keep the window, as then it will not be classed as habitable. please help

Sponsored Links
no. even if it were a landing window it would have to be obscured gass anyway.

Planning can be very fussy about windows directly overlooking you neighbour, particularly if they object. They may be anticipating problems but if your neighbours would be prepared to support you it may still be able to persuade planning to let you have it with obscured glass.

bloody right too :LOL: ..........I was overlooked by 4 windows in neighbours house :eek: .......when he asked to buy a small strip of my garden to extend .........I nearly gave him the land. For Nowt........because now there`s only one high level window :) :D ....looks fine from inside his extension too ;)

Sponsored Links
Richard C said:
but if your neighbours would be prepared to support you it may still be able to persuade planning to let you have it with obscured glass.

planning will be thinking of the consequences way beyond when these two neighbours have moved on.

its a blank gable end , so nothing to overlook really apart from the dustbins, below is my kitchen window which i can see everything i would see if it was the bedroom window

put your self in the neighbours shoes (kinky) would you want a window overlooking you?

if the window is for light how about glass bricks?

images

They might allow a window with obscure glass. In the past I have known clients obscure ordinary glass by putting a film on the inside. Then sometime in the future (6, 9, 12 months??) the film slowly disappears.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back