plants to grow tall in the shade?

Sponsored Links
They aren't usually rats at the river edge but water voles. Do they carry Weil's Disease

Weils disease is a very common disease carried in water, caused mainly by rats urine, but it is also present in cow, sheep and pigs urine Why? because they are common along river banks. It can cause nasty long lasting effects such as liver and kidny damage, but can be avoided by simple preventative measures. Its also known as leptospirosis. Any water users such as anglers are also at risk from it. Its a notifiable illness under the health and safety legislation

http://www.leptospirosis.org/medical/infection.php

the above link gives a good overview of it all.

And yes rats are very common at the waters edge and are very good swimmers

sorry to be the harbinger of doom!

further up from us and for a few miles, cows and sheep drink from the river.
I am going to ask the environment agency next time they come to take measurements and samples, just what they test for.

The boys get flea bites (or whatever... but bites when they play out in the grass, some of these through scratching can bleed. then they swim!
Thankyou, I will be more aware of any open cuts etc and certainly we will get them to shower off befor eating, or aty least wash their habds.
Heck, we have all washed our pltes in the river between courses when eating down there. wont do that again!

thanks for the nettle links.
I am going to do i one day and invite pals round and serve it up. Not telling them that it is nettle soup in advance of course!!!

keyplayer said:
Eddie M said:

How do you shrink your URLs like this? (hijack :oops: sorry)

Instead of typing

[u rl]www.yourfavsite.com[/u rl]

you type

[u rl=www.yourfavsite.com]here[/u rl]

Take the spaces out between the u and the r of URL

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back