PLASTER CRACKING -MORE THAN A HAIRLINE?

Sponsored Links
You people just aren't getting it are you? 3 out of 4 jobs go to immigrants.

The UK is going bust. Greece,Ireland,Portugal,Italy,Spain - and the UK is next. That's not my prediction - that is what the economists of the world say. As the economy fails then so will the rates of pay earned fall as everyone scratches around in a shrinking market. The Brit with a mortgage can't work for minimum wage - yet the Pole who earns £50 per week in Poland is quite happy to. It's already started. I can't charge anywhere near what I did 5 years ago (even though I'm not expensive) - Johnny Pole will get the job. Luckily, I can buy are renovate houses, even though there's no money in that either. The UK will be next to default after Italy. It's just simple maths. No need to be an economist.

Joe - of course I understand your argument. But you havent; addressed mine in any deatil. The NET effect of immigration has been of benefit to this country, and I have given you links to show that - not opinion based, but research based.

The current economic crisis in the UK has been the result of poor credit control, subsidising banks that were run badly, and paying for ongoing foreign wars . Nothing to do with Poles or any other ethnic group.

We live in a free market. Taking out your frustration on mythical Johnny Poles/Germans who live in wardrobes and do rubbish work for £50 a day just undermines any sensible debate on how entry should be monitored.

What is your timescale for the UK default, relying on simple mathematics?

so if thats is the case would it be best just dot n dab to save him messing it up again

Apologies for hijacking your thread by responding to the other subject

Would it not be better to see what is the most suitable application for the job, then get someone who can do it or do you feel you have to stick to this chap ie make your decision based on whats easier for him>

Sponsored Links
so if thats is the case would it be best just dot n dab to save him messing it up again

Sorry about the hijacking. In my opinion you should take this opportunity to use insulated plasterboard. The way gas prices are going up it will be vital that we all address the insulation issue. Not only that, it also has better soundproofing. Render is cold as ice in winter - insulated PB is warm. Over time it will save you a lot of money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back