Plasterboard blue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a customer who is convinced she can hear her neighbours through the internal lounge wall even though the house is a concrete pour type. So I dot and dab some blue plasterboard on the lounge walls and skimmed but she's still convinced she can hear them. She's also saying I should of used some insulation between wall and board but with the electric points there wouldn't of been enough room without having to extend wiring etc. What else could I have done regards david

Sponsored Links
not a lot without going to serious effort, but dot and dabbing double check board direct to the wall will have minimal effect

Sponsored Links
You can extend the electric tails by crimping them. But it's possible that she's not hearing them through walls; it may be coming through in the windows- and hers may even be shut, but next doors aren't. Did you put a glass against the wall and see how clear things are.

It's also possible that it's the electrical sockets that may be in the same position next door, that are allowing the sound leakage through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back