Plasterboard directly on to existing wall without battening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Just boarded my whole kitchen, no other way as the tiles that were up ripped the plaster back and left it it in a real rough state.

I used bags of wall adhesive and dabbed them on, this stuff is the dogs and isn't going anywhere !!

Only problem I had was the dust, I had to water and brush the walls meticulously as the adhesive really didn't like taking to any dusty surface.

Sets like rock brilliant stuff and a doddle to work with ........ stinks though !

Sounds brilliant, what brand / type of adhesive did you use? It sounds pretty much what has happened with my bathroom.

Just ask for the bags of wall adhesive at your local DIY shop its always next to the plaster products.

Just need to get the mix right, its quite thick and a pig to mix.

Dab 4 or five blobs on the board and press into place level it and jobs a good un'

Sponsored Links
Read thru a few of the earlier posts on dot and dabbing, you need more than 4 or 5 "Blobs" on a board!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back