Plasterboard then PVA then skim???

When I was taking my masters in chemical engineering (which I never did complete), one of the profs told me something that made some kinda horse sense at the time that I still remember.

He said: "If someone understands something, they should be able to explain it to someone else. If they can't explain it to someone else so that other person understands it equally well, it's a pretty good indication that they don't understand it themselves."

And, I've found that to be true. Mother Nature deals in simplicity. That's been proven over and over again. Prior to Newton, the "scientists of the time thought all the plants revolved around the Sun on crystal spheres. Once we started thinking in terms of gravity, then everything made sense.

Nature is simple. When we don't understand something, it's generally because we've got the wrong idea in our head, and not because it's complicated. Once we get the right idea in our head, everything falls into place. And that's been proven over and over and over again.

Sponsored Links
Thermo: What kind of noise to Her Majesty's Royal Marines make when the occasion calls for a great big HOOOAHHHH from all present

They dont they just quietly creep up behind you and use there sykes forbain on you, without a single noise, then retire beack for bacon eggs and a nice cup of tea

(cant think of an ocassion when anybody would want to shout HOOOOAHHHH! must be a british thing!)

Sponsored Links
Unless, perhaps, the Gurkhas are waiting, Kukri in hand, en route .. We have part of a Signal Regiment nearby ... See them waft through the local woods on exercises..
Worse, watch them drive through the lanes !

Image:Kukri.jpg

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back