Plasterboarding question

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My livingroom and dinning room have large sliding doors between them. I have taken these out and am going to build a stud frame in place. The studwork will fill most of the wall with about 300mm either side and above left. Do I:

a) plasterboard the studwork and get it plastered. I concerened that over time the edges connecting to the existing wall will crack

b) plasterboard the studwork and then board over the full wall (dot and dab) and get it plastered?

any other ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
b) it’s the easiest & will guarantee no cracks at the joins but you can achieve the same effect without double boarding it.

Thanks for the response.

What do you mean by achieving the same effect without double boarding?

Sponsored Links
If you are leaving the old frame in , you can stud it out a bit proud of the 300mm of wall both sides and top , then start from the corner and put "Sticks like S##t on the board thats going on the 300mm wall sides and top and then screw the board to your frame, butt the other board up to it and scrim tape in the corners and the join and skim....Good luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back