Plastering a wall recovering from damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a solid brick wall where rising damp has caused the plaster to fail completely up to around 2 feet high, on the wall and around the chimney breast.
There's been an injection DPC but it's either failed or the water got around it (my guess is the latter)

We need to cut back to brick all along to waist height at least and investigate what's going on but my question specifically is, once the underlying problem is addressed do we need to give the wet bricks time to dry out before it's replastered? If so for how long or what target moisture level?

Sponsored Links
Hi I'm in a similar position. I am allowing at least a week to air out as they will have a lot of moisture. This is not a scientifically proven time but a best guess! I'd be interested to hear others views.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back