Plastering on brick or boarding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Sorry if this question seems a bit stupid. I am thinking of renovating my home and I was just wondering if I need to re-plaster the whole lot would you hack the plaster back to the brick work then does the plasterer board the walls or plaster straight on the exposed brick?

I have googled and youtubed this but all I can find is what seems to be re-plastering already smooth walls.

Thanks,
Danny

Sponsored Links
I am thinking of renovating my home and I was just wondering if I need to re-plaster the whole lot would you hack the plaster back to the brick work then does the plasterer board the walls or plaster straight on the exposed brick?

It depends how good the plaster is currently in your home.
It may only need over-painting. Fine cracks can usually be filled first.

If you have only small/moderate cracks, then you will need a more thorough repair than just using filler. But it may still only need an over skim with scrim tape over the cracks.

Taking it off back to brick is only needed in the worse cases.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back