Plastering Over Blue Grit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'Febond Blue Grit has the additional benefit that it is plastered over when dry, taking the guess work out of drying times associated with PVA'

I've always followed the tub and plastered directly over the stuff yet some people insist on PVA before it's skimmed over as well. I've never really had an issue with suction when going over this stuff and it's always troweled up nice after a second coat of multi (or even board finish has been fine in the past)... It's always set like s**t to a blanket for me so the question is I suppose is who does what with the stuff?!?

Sponsored Links
I swear by the stuff ever since i had an unusual failure with pva.

Just plaster straight onto the blue-grit.

I've mentioned the stuff before....here

Can't knock the stuff especially over shiny paintwork. Just on with full staircase, went in yesterday and gritted the place out! Going on like a dream today! Should get done earlier than expected and for £20 for ten litres it's as cheap as PVA with a lot less hassle on some jobs. Top gear and as good as Bond It, just doesn't make you feel like you've been made bankrupt buying a tub!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back