Plastering tools

Wot's the matter with you lot then, using a spray bottle too subtle for you :rolleyes: or does it remind you too much of housework :LOL: . A spray puts only just enough water onto the surface as you need & where you want it, flicking huge great brush loaded with dirty water is far too crude. Not to sure about the pump gun though, the whole idea is to use as little water as possible & only as much as you need. ;)

Sponsored Links
Well Rich'd,,,,, progress i suppose,,, but old dogs and new tricks. Mmm.

Roughcaster.

Sorry but I wont be adding one to my "collection" of tools...

I use a spray bottle sometimes, but one that you pump up, and sprays with a push of a button, cast about £8 . It's especially good on ceilings when it saves you walking back and forth to a bucket to dip your brush. I'll finish up with a small brush to go into the angles, though.

Where it is very good for is working into ceilings or walls that you have already skimmed and are dry. You can adjust the spray into a jet, and wet all ceiling lines from the floor, instead of using a brush. For this alone it's worth it on bigger areas.

I used to use big water brushes, but now don't see the need for anything bigger than a decent 3" brush ever.

I thought the sprayer was daft until I tried it!

Sponsored Links
A 6 and a 3 inch brush, keep them both in my left hand all the time I'm troweling up, I think I'd find it a pain to keep swapping
a spray bottle for a brush every time I cleaned the back edge of the trowel or to run down the internals.

i,ve got a small tool which is handy for the awkward angles and good for filling in between sockets and always have a knife and tin snips.

i,ve got a small tool which is handy for the awkward angles and good for filling in between sockets and always have a knife and tin snips.
I'm intrigued :confused: ; I can sort of imagine that a knife might be useful but what on earth do you do with the tin snips :eek: ? Surely you remove the socket & light switch plates BEFORE you plaster! :eek:

Always have snips in my tool kit for cutting beads, wire lath etc,,,, plus i carry a junior hack saw too.

Roughcaster.

And a coil of wire and a pair of pliers....and a concreting trowel with a half inch radius for rounding off the edges of steps or taking the sharp edge off shuttered paths.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back