Plastering - two for one !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to posting but a long time reader and admirer of the advice offered on the board.

Two quick questions:

1) Anyone know where you can buy really small-mini plasterer's trowels, the normal sized marshall town ones are too large for the gaps I have to plaster (long story, old house :confused: ).

2) Any advice on getting neat edges between wall and ceiling, have used edging trowels but the results aren't that good.

On another note went on a three-day plastering course and am now tackling a whole house (4 large bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and hallway) and am saving myself a mint, so take a course, be brave and then give it a try :D

Sponsored Links
i use a set of these for getting into places my trowel won't go.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=16010&ts=94817
on your second point you arn't putting ceiling and wall on at the same time are you? avoid having the "soft edge" where you have both sides of the corner to work on at the same time. as you trowel up brush out the corner with your wet brush, this should help you achive a better corner.
dj.

dj, thanks for the help. yep i was going o do two edges at once but I'll take your advice ;)

On another note went on a three-day plastering course and am now tackling a whole house (4 large bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and hallway) and am saving myself a mint, so take a course, be brave and then give it a try :D[/quote]

You state you are "saving" yourself a mint as opposed to have"saved" myself a mint, though I do hope you come back and prove me wrong, its a big task with only three days training under your belt..sure if it was that easy everyone would do it!
Good luck anyway

Regards

Robbo.

Sponsored Links
Actually it's both, I've saved on the 4-bed property and have started on another property :D

Went a bit wobbly in the beginning but picked up loads of tips on the way as the course offers after-care help if your stuck.

Goodbye woodchip, hello lovely flat walls :LOL:

What course did you go on and can anyone else recommend a course in the North-West? I fancy giving it a go myself and tackling my kitchen :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back