Plastic into cast iron gutter advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all

Had my gutters done not too long ago and this particular point keeps leaking. It’s been fixed a couple of times with sealant but fails again when the seasons change, assume due to temperature change. I’m looking for a more permanent solution, is there a union I can buy specifically? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8218.jpeg
    IMG_8218.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8219.jpeg
    IMG_8219.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8220.jpeg
    IMG_8220.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
it would never have joined correctly. one is cast alloy maybe the new one is too? and different sizes

you wont buy a joiner for that but a good metal shop could make you one.

shame to mess up the decorative corbeling .

it would never have joined correctly. one is cast alloy maybe the new one is too? and different sizes

you wont buy a joiner for that but a good metal shop could make you one.

shame to mess up the decorative corbeling .
One on the left is plastic and right is cast iron (or alloy?). So it needs a bespoke metal join does it? I won’t be able to find a plastic one?

Sponsored Links
One on the left is plastic and right is cast iron (or alloy?). So it needs a bespoke metal join does it? I won’t be able to find a plastic one?
you'll struggle, if you had a piece of the original alloy gutter then you might be able to get a joiner made up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back