Plastic pipe inserts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just re-routed some pipework in our cloakroom, using plastic pipe and compression fittings (with brass olives). Finished the job and turned on the water. No leaks! Then realised that I had forgotten to put the pipe inserts in!!! :oops: Should I expect problems to develop, or can I leave well alone?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just read the thread and it seems self explanitory to me!
Yes Expect trouble and No don't leave it alone!!
You know what you must do!!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Simon and Boilerman.
It's nice to know there are guys like you out there to help us newbies out.
Just looked at speedfit's website and noticed that I should be using copper olives too. :cry:

A Woman reads the Installation Instructions before starting work
A Man reads the Installation Instructions to see what he has beggered up!
Human Nature!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ha! Almost true. I do read the instructions before starting work, but in this case there weren't any, and I thought it was straight forward enough. I haven't done any plumbing for so long I forgot all about the inserts until I picked up a bag of bits squirreled away in the plumbing box in our garage and saw them. Never knew about the copper olives until today though. Still, you live and learn.
My husband always reads instructions first, but he is a bit of an anorak. :LOL:

Actually, he was in a serious road accident a few months ago (not his fault) and can barely walk at the moment. But thanks for the insult. Excuse me if I don't pass it on to him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back