Plastic pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I have some 15mm plastic push fit pipe to connect on to. I think it's either speedfit or hep20. My question is can you use any pushfit fitting and liner on push fit pipe. Or does it have to be the same make as the pipe?

Sponsored Links
The insert and the pipe should be the same make at least.

It's a very grey area when it comes to warranty, all manufacturers will guarantee their "system" or their fittings onto copper. 25 - 50 years.
Once you start mixing inserts / pipe / fittings you are on your own if there is a problem, they will all walk away from it.

The insert and the pipe should be the same make at least.

I thought it was the sleeve insert and the fitting that needed to be compatible.

Take Speedfit for example, I don't think their sleeves will fit in Hep2O fittings and similarly Hep sleeves won't seal as designed in a Speedfit fitting. It's all to do with the o-ring position. Whereas pipe is pipe is pipe as it has the same external diameter and I know either sleeves will fit 15mm pipe because I have used both types of sleeve and fitting when modifying pipework temporarily during building renovation. The final system always has the correct pipe, fittings and sleeves to ensure reliability.

Incidently I always check the o-rings are in place since a fitting without an o-ring caused chaos and much damage before it was discovered! :eek:

Sponsored Links
I've mixed pipes and sleeves and it is generally OK. Only exception is Speedfit sleeves which are tight in Polyplum pipe. So now I use other sleeves for everything.

Hep2o tends to have h and v marks alternating on the pipe in Black on Standard pipe and Red on Barrier pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back