Plastic toilet cistern urgently required!

Sponsored Links
no as the connections are different but if you are desperate you may able try and jury rig it but not sure how as i have never tried

Am confused as to why you think the connections are different - to my mind you only need to attach the base plate to the flush outlet as per norm. Where am I going wrong in my thinking :confused:

i am pretty sure close coupled have a bigger outlet than low level one`s
You may be right, but I know I've replaced faulty flush mechanisms with ordinary ones not specifically designed for close coupling. But let's not argue over this ;)

no as the connections are different but if you are desperate you may able try and jury rig it but not sure how as i have never tried

Am confused as to why you think the connections are different - to my mind you only need to attach the base plate to the flush outlet as per norm. Where am I going wrong in my thinking :confused:

i am pretty sure close coupled have a bigger outlet than low level one`s
You may be right, but I know I've replaced faulty flush mechanisms with ordinary ones not specifically designed for close coupling. But let's not argue over this ;)

agreeed not 100% sure

a cistern is a cistern, if you fit it with a flush pipe it is low level, if you fit it with a close coupled kit it is close coupled, all connections and parts are exactly the same, there are some cisterns available which have holes in the bottom for bolts to go through, but i have fitted one of them as a replacement for a low level cistern (the punter bought it out of B&Q, so i fitted the bolt/washer assembly upside down so you couldnt see the bolts (had to cut one of them shorter so it didnt hit the syphon)

Sponsored Links
a cistern is a cistern, if you fit it with a flush pipe it is low level, if you fit it with a close coupled kit it is close coupled, all connections and parts are exactly the same, there are some cisterns available which have holes in the bottom for bolts to go through, but i have fitted one of them as a replacement for a low level cistern (the punter bought it out of B&Q, so i fitted the bolt/washer assembly upside down so you couldnt see the bolts (had to cut one of them shorter so it didnt hit the syphon)
We bow to your superior knowledge ;)

i did say you may have to jury rig it :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back