Plastic Tube inside a Heated Towel Rail ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Yesterday I removed 2 in number chrome heated towel rails so that we could decorate the walls behind.

One of these towel rails is about a 1m tall, the other about 1.6m tall.

I noted that there was a plastic tube inside the leg of the shorter towel rail which looked as if it was supposed to be there.

The towel rails were fitted new about 4 years ago.

I was wondering is this plastic tube there to force the hot water to circulate to the top of the towel rail ?

If so I was wondering why there was not one in the taller model ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Could the smaller one be one of those dual fuel (c/h + electric) towel rails without the electric element fitted?

Hi

It sort of looks like that might be the case, however I was thinking that the element would be very close to the plastic tube.

Would it hurt to remove these all together ? I doubt that it would affect the operation of the towel rail as I understand that hot water rises regardless ?

It might be there to distribute the heat evenly across the towel rail. If the rail works fine with it there, don't bu99er about with it

Sponsored Links
it is supposed to be there, some use a baffle some use that distribution tube

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back