Plateswitch with neon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know of a supplier of a 1G, or preferably 2G, plateswitch with the neon indicator within the switch rocker - in similar style to the MK socket outlets and FCU's. Can source plenty of plateswitches with neon indicators separately located on the faceplate but none with it within the rocker.

A particularly fussy client that wants to match the already expensive special order MK DSSO's with a similar design for some plateswitches.

Sponsored Links
You could do it in mk grid with a white plate , they do a switch with built in indicator.

Thanks for that - back to see how rich the clients feeling - after this evenings meeting the cost continues to climb.

Could you use a 20A DP switch?

They look similar to a standard plate switch, but have a neon option.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again - yes but they tend to be a bit "clunky" in operation compared to a 10A plateswitch - this is one fussy client so I'm hoping to prempt any complaints

What about one of those neon jobbies that you can fit between the wall and the switchplate?

I assume you realise you will need a neutral at the switch if the neon is for 'on' indication.

Thanks - I'll try the MK 20A DP switch.

I reckon about evens as to whether client will like it but at least it will match the rest of the MK plateswitches. On the other hand she might want gridswitch as I'm already using a 6G one in the kitchen. Don't we just love them - but as long as they pay on time........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back