Playing Youtube clips through Windows Media player? how to ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will appreciate anyone suggesting how to listen to songs from Youtube via my Windows Media Player through its sound Equaliser for fine tunning the sound?

Or is there any way I can capture the song on a sound recorder and then re-play through the media player's equaliser?

I tried this but the sound recorder did not stream in smmothly and had regular brief annoying interruptions.

Or are there other sound players that i can down load free and play Youtube through them?

Or has Youtube got its own sound equaliser that can be downloaded?

Don't forget I am running a Windows XP HE

Thanks in advance to anyone coming up with an easy solution. cheers

Sponsored Links
I knew this one was going to be tough for most.

many probably don't know what a graphic equaliser is!

Is it about time that Microsoft Windows Media player was able to run not just sound tracks from Cd, DVD, or stored files, but if it could be made to run you tube sound stream through its media player, you could then equalise sounds, give it various effects such as reverb and so on! :cry:

Install "Download YouTube Videos as MP4" into your "Firefox" web browser. When you've downloaded a file you can use suitable software to extract the audio and manipulate it.

I knew this one was going to be tough for most.

many probably don't know what a graphic equaliser is!

Is it about time that Microsoft Windows Media player was able to run not just sound tracks from Cd, DVD, or stored files, but if it could be made to run you tube sound stream through its media player, you could then equalise sounds, give it various effects such as reverb and so on! :cry:
Not so fast there sparky. Most of us do know what a graphic equaliser is. It's just that we have standards, and playing crappy Youtube rips as a main music source falls way way way below our standards. We just couldn't be bothered replying to such a low rent request, thank you very much. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion, I managed to download a free version of NCH Wave pad sound Editor, with which i managed to capture the sound stream and save it as a wav file and then played back through a 20 channel graphic equaliser from comprehensive NCH sound editor package, quite pleased with this free trial and free version package. but thanks, got there at last.

as for quality of sound on You tube, some sound tracks are of excellent quality, you can barely tell if you are listening to tracks from You tube or high quality CD/DVD.

The quality, It all depends on the ability of the uploader and his music source.

There is a "youtube downloader" available with an internet search.
On the cnet site.
Sits as a separate application, also does file conversions.
Don't know if its exactly what your looking for but probably worth a try.

Thanks HH1, I managed it now using the package called NCH, I loaded for free, possibly on a 30 day trial, and it seem pretty good, with it i captured the sound clip,

there are several different packages within this group, like file conversion, and a twin turntable allows you to choose two tracks and blend in and or choose one and then on auto it will start playing the 2nd track automatically, kind of like two turntables, each with its own equaliser, along with loads of other sound conditioning apps, quite good actually, I had never tried anything like it before. The main package is called the NCH, and the twin deck is from within this package called Zulu DJ Software.

But thanks for your suggestion, may be well worth looking into yours as well as it may be more dedicated for Youtube.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back