Playroom regulation advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I have am undergoing a playroom project where I have put up the blocks (thermal and concrete) with a cavity of 4 inches, for the insulation I have used 3 inch cavity bats. The building regs came down and said the insulation insulation is fine but I should have used cavity insulation ties or pins to keep it in place which I have not used. The problem is that I have got it plastered from inside and have got the flat roof done as well. They say I have got to get it down to do it properly. Any suggestions for this situation please?

Could I use thermal plasterboards for inside to make them happy or if I do have to take the roof off, is there a tool available for which I can go into the cavity to pin the insulation?

Sponsored Links
I think he means insulation clips on the wall ties to keep the insulation back against the inner skin.
How did they know you didn't use any.
It's not about just adding more insulation it's about keeping the air space to the outer skin and if the insulation can just fall around inside the cavity then thats the problem.
Your brickie should have known this.

Yes its the insulation clips that have not been used to keep the insulation in place.

I'm thinking if the roof is taken off and insulation secured at the top and battens used to hold the insulation in place on one side of the cavity may solve this.

Anybody with other ideas to overcome this probem please.

Sponsored Links
What is the problem - the fact that you have not secured the insulation or that the wall insulation is not sufficient?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back