Please advice Damp appearing around the house and water in the downstairs bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

please advice damp appearing around the house, water coming into the bathroom damp appearing in the front room, bathroom. we did fit an extractor fan but will be getting a stronger one. Water appearing on the floor in the bathroom don't know where from has anyone experienced this. Any tips will be appreciated. I have attached some pictures to thread post.

The house was recently renovated new bathroom, tiles, paint, electrical, etc
I thought it might be when it rains as it rained a lot at some point last year but water appearing on the bathroom floor even when it does not rain.

Attachments

• 3c34009a-3758-4a2f-a6d2-eb4bfb2a46d4.JPG
    3c34009a-3758-4a2f-a6d2-eb4bfb2a46d4.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 360
  • b603d986-c2b9-4caa-811c-1b723cf2ccb9.JPG
    b603d986-c2b9-4caa-811c-1b723cf2ccb9.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 352
  • f3586ead-5ec0-4f3c-8484-5cfd6f46a94e.JPG
    f3586ead-5ec0-4f3c-8484-5cfd6f46a94e.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 335
  • 4983cdc0-9594-4c4a-8f61-801aaf817970.JPG
    4983cdc0-9594-4c4a-8f61-801aaf817970.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I appreciate this will be concerning but I would suggest providing more detail about the house, your ownership, anything recently changed or work done that may have resulted in the problems. Is it rain water, drain water or sea water etc

More background please and you will save a lot of going to and fro

Thanks for the message, The house was recently renovated new bathroom, tiles, paint, electrical, etc
I thought it might be when it rains as it rained a lot at some point last year but water appearing on the bathroom floor even when it does not rain.

Last edited:
Bathroom floor water appearing after toilet flush? Is there any sign of leak in whatever room is below toilet?

Sponsored Links
Hi The water is not after toilet flush, there is no room below the toilet. The terrace house is in Belvedere, toilet is downstairs after the kitchen.

Yes the bathroom is in a single storey extension.

Any chance of some better pics of the single storey extension roof tomorrow?

Tiles don't appear to be sitting correctly and the ridge looks odd (might be the pic though )

This are some old pictures i have will try and take more recent ones.

Attachments

• IMG_6742.jpg
    IMG_6742.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_6741.jpg
    IMG_6741.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 335
Ah from those pics you have lots of potential issues

The underground drain could be leaking or the waste pipes going into it
The outside tap could be causing penetrating damp
Waste pipes not discharging into the waste correctly

Thanks for the heads up, Need to get a plumber to have a look again because i had the British gas home care insurance and the guy that came said he could not locate the source of the leak and the bathroom walls are tiled all the pipes are inside. thanks for the observations.

The plumber came to inspect to try to find where the water is coning from. Said it is possibly condensation. The British Gas person that came in October also said the same. I have informed tenant to leave the doors and windows open sometimes. Also the extractor fan should be left on think she is trying to save electricity/gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back