Please can tell me what this screw is (if it is a screw!) and how to get it out?

Sponsored Links
It means if you stick 'em under the feet of a bit of furniture it makes it easier to move and on a timber floor will be a quieter.

Ooooooh..... That's cool!! Would it not massively scratch the floor though with them being metal? Or does the shape of them stop that? (My brain is already showing me what I can stick them to )

Those huge nails are cut nails, used before we had nail guns, cordless drills/drivers, screws etc.
You can still buy them. They have almost died out, but I still have one fairly local ironmonger and two local builder's .er hants who carry them in stock. Having seen off wrought head nails to start with, they seem to have seen off French wire nails, ovals and lost heads in their time

Sponsored Links
You can still buy them.
I did use some, a while back though. We were bumping skirts around a mis-shaped buy-to-let and I foolishly bought Obo nails, thinking they'd pull the 6" torus in. An old geezer on site recommended cut nails, so I bought a couple of lb's. Left a few half moons in the first few digs , but soon got used to having to smartly strike those dull leading heads through the timber.

Wouldn't like having to punch through MDF though. (n)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back