Please help going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there can anyone please help me????????????
I had trouble with heating system so i replaced my pump cause it burnt out, i have also had a new programmer/timer fitted and replaced my cylinder stat, however with the timer switched off the boiler is still firing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the hot water is boiling hot. The boiler is a baxi but has no serial number that i can see, do i need a new boiler or is there a part in the boiler that can be replaced?????
Any help is apprieciated many thanx.................

Sponsored Links
I changed the parts with the same make and model and i copied the wiring
It is driving me mad as I don't know what to do next!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I changed the timer first as i thought it was broken becuase of the boiler firing up on its own a week later my pump burnt out and the casing was melted so i replaced that, however the boiler was still firing up so i thought maybe cylinder stat had gone so i replaced that, but even now the only thing i can do is turn the boiler off by the mains to stop it working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess work has probably cost you more in parts not needed than if you had called someone out to rectify your stuck motorised valve.

Louisa, they're already crazy on here, so don't worry. :confused:

need the boiler model, its on there somewhere.

a stuck motorised valve???? i do have 2 of them one was replaced last year by a plumber which was for the heating however the one for the hot water wasn't replaced could it be that???

My money would be on one of them!
Can you use/have you got a multi meter?

Take that as a no then.
Are you confident with wiring? If so it is fairly easy to disc. each valve one at a time to see which is faulty.
If not then call someone out- you really don't wanna be pulling wires out of your wiring centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back