please help me CORGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair. The OP doesn't seem unhappy with Skype judging from his username. Funny that, it's free.

Sponsored Links
So many voices but I have yet to hear something new..

You (bar a couple of you) are still circulating the same old attitudes of protectionism at the time when a little courage for blatant honesty is called for.. Additionally you could look at this as a little bit of feedback (Some institutions pay good money for this sort of honest feedback).. hence an opportunity to improve/adapt/ change/ tailor.....(perhaps time to stop pulling figures out of thin air?)

Pointing fingers is easy but I bet you are the same guys who throw stones on Gordon Brown for the mess he got us into.. Well as far as I am concerned you can join all the other "bankers" as well for it is not ok to be greedy...

The supply and demand thing ..OK What happens when the demand dries up?

I keep repeating things like FAIR/ TRANSPARENT/ HONEST to be branded a nightmare.. well if being fair/transparent and honest is your definition of nightmare I have no idea how you get up in the morning. Same applies to the guy who stood there and kept the straight face when quoting 850.

NO best thing to do is I get another loan out and go to bed worrying how am I going to pay it off night after night so not to upset my local heating engineer. After all whats more important at a time like this..money or etiquette?

Fair comment about ringing around but I tried that initially and gave up for the reasons stated above.... how am I as customer supposed to feel and trust the system which churns out people who say I only supply and fit!?
If thats not definition of profiteering and protectionism than what is!?

Where is your professional pride I ask?

Imagine an ambulance guy saying oh no I cant help you cos I only deal with severe bleeding if there is an associated break of bone involved??

You will be saying next that saying I only supply and fit is probably written somewhere in CORGI code of conduct..

In any case it is time to remove ourselves a little from this playground environment and role our sleeves up...We are in recession last I heard..

You (bar a couple of you) are still circulating the same old attitudes of protectionism

Who is the other one then?

I will fit appliances purchased by the customer but, like all others, I do point out the limitations on warranties which that carries.

Tony

SKYPE is not free the way I use it.

It is fairly priced for international calls... and I am happy to pay my hard earned cash to SKYPE on regular basis.. prefer them to BT any day!

Sponsored Links
One question for you - what do you as a living? How do you make your money?

The supply and demand thing ..OK What happens when the demand dries up?

Fine, sit in the cold for a few more months, then try getting another quotation, you may prove yourself right.

You are not quoting me so I can not see how is it relevant in any way ..I am a postman...

in response to earlier postings re extra managerial activities and book balancing... why dont you pay an accountant to do that for you?? Would it be something to do with ..why pay someone to do something you can do yourself??!! Does this smell of double standards to you?

SOOEY..

Fair play mate.

Perfectly timed and impeccably delivered.. You can come and do my boiler just name your price

:D :D :D :D :D

You are not quoting me so I can not see how is it relevant in any way ..I am a postman...

in response to earlier postings re extra managerial activities and book balancing... why dont you pay an accountant to do that for you?? Would it be something to do with ..why pay someone to do something you can do yourself??!! Does this smell of double standards to you?

Happy. Pat. You have seriously got the back up of some of the quality posters here, when this happens normally the OP finds himself/herself spiralling into an empty, confusing downward rambling hole. Eventually resulting into your above comments or worse.

It's the damn dogs that get you on your rounds, eh?

Unfortunately you pay too much attention to those rags that some call newspapers who have convinced you that there is no money... The same amount of money exists now as it did two years ago... The only difference is that it is merely stagnating on balance sheets rather than being passed round in a great big money go round... Fueled by media paranoia and idiots who chose to believe what they are told and decide not to spend their cash but sit on it..

There have been issues caused by idiots who believe that cheap is always best and will drive for the lowest possible price... Enter their wet dream in the shape of goods from China... Cheap junk churned out en mass and sold to those greedy and stupid fools who believe that because it is cheap, then it is better.... Our own manufacturing base cannot compete and either moves to China or dies leaving thousands of Oxygen thieving shineyarses, more commonly known as middle managers..... Government knows that these guys are idle and useless, but also government also knows that they will swell the ranks of the unemployed... So the brilliant plan of getting them to oversee totally useless and pointless schemes such as Part P, HIPs Energy conservation... pointless carp like that. At the same time Government also decide to add more regulation to tradesmen.... Competent workers schemes, Part L, CPA, HSE... All of which we have to pay for, and pass on to the customer.... It is all BS and pointless other than to be a self financing means of keeping the dole queue down.... You didn't think that they were for the good of the public did you?...

So to condense all of this down, the problems that folk have is all of their own fault for buying cheap imports rather than buying better quality but more expensive locally made products.. I have no sympathy if you cannot afford to pay for a job to be done, perhaps if we had been a bit more protective of our own industry, then perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess..

Re extra managerial activities and book balancing... why dont you pay an accountant to do that for you?? Would it be something to do with ..why pay someone to do something you can do yourself??!! Does this smell of double standards to you?

Paying for a good accountant will save a guy thousands....I will willingly pay for my accountant.... You see, I pay not so much for what he does, but for what he knows.... and so should you

That's the difference between an amateur and a professional

My postman walks around, even in this weather, with shorts on - and I have every admiration for him. To me, he is great - but he doesen't unerstand logistics.
I, as with all registered decent CORGI engineers, would not entertain connectecting your boiler for simple reasons:
Is it the correct boiler?
Is it located correctly?
Is the pipework installed correctly? - etc etc etc
You have a pop at us in general, but do you really realise what the implications are?
We have to spend hundreds every year on training etc.
If the installation failed, who would be the first person that you called?

My postman walks around, even in this weather, with shorts on - and I have every admiration for him.

I'm lucky if i get my post by 2pm, when i'm home sleeping off my 2hr back boiler change to fully pumped, TRV, Icos install. :LOL: :LOL:

I'd do it for half what Softus would charge, and throw in a lifetime guarantee and a free mop & bucket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back