please help me CORGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
also CORGIGROUCH.. my hat goes off to you for helping this man out when perhaps he didnt deserve it...

Sounds like you are fair and pragmatic individual which happen to be on the receiving end of a challenging situation here...

Thank you all for your input time and effort.

Sponsored Links
why is this fella still asking questions, why don't you just keep ringing plumbers with the relivent qualifications till one comes up with the price your able to pay. Im sure unless you have tampered with the gas or the pipework can't be followed someone with some gonades and knolledge will be able to take the job on, but if your gonna faff about money then they will walk away and fair play too, you tight ass.

the pipes end in isolated flexi pipes which need to be connected to the boiler...

Flexi pipes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pushfit system is certified

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Only if installed by a competent person.

When you get a leak try telling your insurance company that you installed it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's supply and demand. If you don't like it, tough.

From what you've described, you will have done several things wrongly. You have little respect for those who can do it right, and have seen the ridiculous mess many diyers create.
I'd do it for £80 an hour as long as you weren't there, and it sounds like it could take 1-3 days.

Sponsored Links
happyskyper you are the customer from hell, I'd run a mile from anyone with your attitude. Next time you go to the dentist tell him what needs doing, what he should be paid for doing it and see what he says. :rolleyes:

I expect your local Indian restaurant would love to be told how much the ingredients for an onion bhaji cost.......

I expect you could negotiate cost plus 10%.

Probably get the 'special sauce' thrown in. Bon apetit.

Could i just ask you what you would do if :- once fitted, the pipework started leaking (possibly causing major damage) so the fitter cant pressurize the boiler, so can't commission the boiler, so cant fill the benchmark in, so cant notify the installation ? Would you still pay him the full ammount ? You would pay approx £80 for a letter off a solicitor (probably 20 mins work) Thats £240 an hour x 40 hrs a week thats £9600 x 52 = £499,200 per year by your reckoning (but we all know thats complete boll**ks) :mad:

powell.. thats fair and thats all I wanted from a professional..

the rest of you are just making silly arguments and name calling..

Am I really just making silly arguments and name calling?

I am deadly serious! I quote without seeing the customers car! Same price for a prince or pauper!

But I do not do any work which is outside the CORGI guidelines !

Tony

I am deadly serious! I quote without seeing the customers car! Same price for a prince or pauper!

Wise man.

We live in a 4 bed detached house in a reasonable area and always have a new (<6 month old car) parked in the driveway.

Unfortunately due to having a child with a disability, only one of us (my wife) can work full time and our joint income is less than the national average for one person.

The fact that she works in the motor trade means that she has to have her car replaced every 6 months or 10k miles.

Maybe when we get quotes on stuff she should park her car down the road and I should leave my 12 year old wreck of a Vectra parked up next to the rotten windows on our house ........

also CORGIGROUCH.. my hat goes off to you for helping this man out when perhaps he didnt deserve it...

Sounds like you are fair and pragmatic individual which happen to be on the receiving end of a challenging situation here...

Thank you all for your input time and effort.

Unfortunately I have to run a business and breaking even or being fair doesn't feed what is a very hungry animal.. Even being a one man and his dog band means that we have to earn a certain amount EVERY week before we can pay ourselves our outrageous wages and buy small palaces in Dubai... Unless you have been self employed, you will never understand what hard work it can be.... Most PAYE folk, walk out of their place of work and forget about things... We finish work and then do fun things like VAT, invoicing, quoting, visiting customers who bleat on about how expensive we are. Book in customers who call at 10pm on a Sunday evening to have their fire serviced. Design and book advertising, maintain the van and chase money from customers who feel it is fine to sit on their payment, just because they can....Gee, ain't it great we ain't got a family life? Sure we make a bit more money than employed guys, but if we sit around, drinking tea, smoking fags and generally spend out time being as none productive as the average PAYE chap then we would go bust very quickly indeed

Most PAYE folk, walk out of their place of work and forget about things... We finish work and then do fun things like VAT, invoicing, quoting, visiting customers who bleat on about how expensive we are. Book in customers who call at 10pm on a Sunday evening to have their fire serviced. Design and book advertising, maintain the van and chase money from customers who feel it is fin to sit on their payment, just because they can....Gee, ain't it great we ain't got a family life?
Don't forget the mad rush of getting the SA forms done in time to avoid the fine and digging out every receipt you can find to make the books balance :LOL:

You also missed out the ongoing cost for test equipment, rising fuel prices for callouts, pub lunches ........

That's dead posh compared with Tony's car!

I have just bought a "new" one which is the latest "P" registration with a low mileage ( 91k ! ).

The "N" reg it replaces will shortly be disposed of.

Cannot afford much more when we only charge a fixed diagnostic fee for a boiler repair!

Tony

I have just bought a "new" one which is the latest "P" registration with a low mileage ( 91k ! ).

Well mine has 130k on it now so technically you've got a better car than me :LOL:

On the other note, I use it for testing datalogging stuff that I design and build and if something went wrong and it caught fire then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it :LOL:

Keep meaning to get something newer but the amount of times I pull bits off the car to fit new stuff for testing, I wouldn't feel comfortable wrecking something newer if something went wrong :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back