Please help scantronic 9427 no power to keypad and siren going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, at 3am this morning my internal alarm went off and they key pad showed no power. Then I disconnected the internal sounder. At 3:30am the external siren went off and I disconnected the internal battery in the metal box and pushed the fuse down in the fuse box. At 4am the external siren has gone off. My first priority is to stop the external siren going off again...will it...? Any advice I am grateful for

Thanks
Charn

Sponsored Links
Probably faulty battery if it's not been replaced in the last 5 years ! Was the battery hot ?

Probably faulty battery if it's not been replaced in the last 5 years ! Was the battery hot ?

Hi battery replaced in Dec 2016 and it wasn’t hot. Going out to buy another one this morning

Should be ok , don't bothers to this stage ....I would disconnect the positive for the bell in the panel ( this will stop the external bell from activating ) then power system back up battery first ...does the keypad come back to life ? If your code does not work try 1234 ...
If all ok power down and repeat above with switching mains 240 back on ( not battery )
If ok reconnect battery , bell positive and box up and reset , now test alarm

Sponsored Links
Hi keypad didn’t work once I followed your first step, so I have changed the battery and the keypad is back on but the tamper light is on, how do I get the power light on please? I don’t have a engineer code, any suggestions please?

Hi just put the metal box lid back on and the tamper lights gone! But now there’s no lights on but the keypad is powered...each time I put my code in the different lights flash and then he alarm goes off....plz help sorry for the number of posts

What lights come up ? Are they powered detectors e.g. Pirs ? Do the pirs light up when you walk in front of them ? If not the aux fuse may have blown

What lights come up ? Are they powered detectors e.g. Pirs ? Do the pirs light up when you walk in front of them ? If not the aux fuse may have blown

No lights on the control panel, but it is on as the button are all backlit. The PIRs work. I just need to reset it I think. When I put in the code their is a continuous tone then the alarm goes off....

Have you put the mains back on?
You may not have certain LED's illuminated on the RKP if the system is running on battery alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back