Please help with new supply electric heater loadings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm getting a quote from Northern Power Grid to supply a new feed into a flat i'm renovating cwhich will have electric rads and electric hot water

They need to know the following on the Single LV form :-

Off peak electric heating k/w
daytime electric heating k/w
electric water heating k/w

It's a one double bedroom flat with open lounge kitchen and separate bathroom. It'll be very well insulated for sound / thermal so imagine heat
requirements quite low (part of a terrace)

It'll probably only need 3 or 4 rads in the flat in total

I'm sure very approximate values would be fine.

TIA,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
To calculate with some accuracy the requirements for heating, each room size (height, length, width) any windows(types), room type, what is above and below the rooms, type of construction of wall material and whether wall is internal or external.
Do you have an electrician or heating company that is planning/installing the system for you?

Off peak electric heating k/w

Size of radiators time number so you say 4 x 3kW = 12kW.

electric water heating k/w

Most immersion heaters at 3kW

daytime electric heating k/w

This is the problem one as it will depend on how well insulated as to if you need a boost but your showing a max of 15kW = 65A I would not expect a supply under 80A it goes in steps 60, 80, 100 with one less heater or 2kW not 3kW yes you may slip into the 60A but don't think there is any difference in price.

If they were asking for kWh then it would be harder but kW is only a case of adding up its not rocket science.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back