Please help with parquet flooring re-finishing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! I recently moved from a house where there was parquet flooring laid down in the rooms. When it came time to move, I cleaned up the room and found that under the area where my computer chair had been, there now was a rather large round area where the parquet has become 'bleached' in appearance. After speaking with the landlords, they decided that I will need to re-sand the entire room and re-stain and varnish it to ensure that it matches the rest of the house. I have no idea how to do this. After some research, it looks as I will be having to hand sand the whole area. Does anyone have any ideas and/or tips that might help a real novice with this undertaking? Is there a better way to give the wood back it's beautiful color to match the rest of the room without redoing the entire area? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A varnished floor sanding just locally will give it a patchy look I'm afraid.

Hire a belt sander and go the whole hog will give the best result. For future reference: place a special mat in front of your desk so the wheels of your computer chair can't damage the wood. There are even clear ones available so you still see the wood underneath it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back