Please help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest anything - Potterton Puma 80 that is not firing - pilot light is on but does not fire for hot water or heating. Plumber does not seem to know what to do next. Please help - any constructive advice would be gratefully received :) - its sooooo cold :cry:

Sponsored Links
To be honest i don't think it does anything! I think maybe the fan comes on but cannot be 100% sure, i have had to leave the house tonight as just could not bear being there!

Sponsored Links
sorry but i know nothing about boilers, it is just not working and although the pilot light is lit it just does not kick in when asked, i have had a plumber round who has replaced or fiddled with nearly everything as far as i can tell and the boiler has fired for a while after some of this fiddling (varying from 5 minutes to 3 days). The boiler has been fine througout the summer and it only gave up when i asked it to give me some heat.
Sorry i can't give any more info, i just know nothing about them :cry:

although you are trying, yits hard to say without precise information, i would suggest you get a heating engineer not a plumber

come now lads! i am a girl so that may explain my total ignorance! ;)

being a girl aint an excuse might be a reason but not an excuse
right you turn ( heat producing appliance ) on boiler to you and me but breezer ? what happens next ?

nothing happens, i don't think, god i am rubbish! :oops: Out of interest - what is the difference between a plumber and a heating technician?

1 plumber is a plumber
2 heating tech is a title on a s**thouse door

run the boiler (sod breezer) listen and look
then tell me what you see and hear not exactly easy when all im looking at is a monitor

:D

we will try to help you but you must try to help us :D

I will do tomorrow as i am not there at the moment (do you blame me, i have no hot water - not even a shower (i think i stink!))

thanks, who are you guys anyway? are you connected to the site or just generally goodwilled? :LOL:

we are the site and generally goodwilled sorry not the site this forum stick a post in tomorrow and ill have a look when i finish work before i do that blokie thing (go out on the p*ss) ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back