Plod has 'regrets'...

Nah, it's more likely an intelligence thing. Not the kind of intelligence that police gather on criminals, but more the kind they lack when trying to access the common sense part of the brain.

Sponsored Links
I stand corrected, plod are in trouble with this.
I'll correct you...

We're all in trouble over this...

Because the UK is now a police state and plod do what they are told by their political/corporate masters...

Freedom of speech in the UK is dead, and sadly there are many out there who support that!

Lineker has been proven right again!

Thats not true.

If it was, there would be no apology or claim for unlawful arrest / false imprisonment - people would just disappear.

Not often I agree with David Davis, but this I do...

Former cabinet minister David Davis was the only Conservative MP to vote against the changes to the Public Order Bill.
He told the Today programme: "There's too many elements of the law that are too crude and too broadly defined."
He added: "No-one wants a day ruined, but the right to put up placards is virtually absolute in British democracy."

Sponsored Links
Thats not true.

If it was, there would be no apology or claim for unlawful arrest / false imprisonment - people would just disappear.
A meaningless 'apology' after the event...

Job done!

And how long will that claim take, or whether it will take place at all given the dismantling of the justice system to all but the rich!

So people do indeed disappear into the system, and if you happen to be in possession of a particular skin colour shot dead without question or mysteriously die in a police cell...

Actually I have to correct myself...

Even a white person (Ian Tomlinson) innocently walking home can be killed by plod and no-one is held criminally accountable!

Even a white person (Ian Tomlinson) innocently walking home can be killed by plod and no-one is held criminally accountable!
Simon Harwood was tried by jury for manslaughter. The case was not proved. In any case he was sacked.

The Jury failed to accept that Harwood, knowingly did an unlawful act, which resulted in the person's death.

Simon Tomlinson was tried by jury for manslaughter. The case was not proved. In any case he was sacked.
In actual fact the jury reached their decision because of conflicting pathology reports...

One of which was from a person who was working for plod/home office and was subsequently struck off the medical register for gross misconduct...

Have you ever heard the term 'miscarriage of justice'?

Not often I agree with David Davis, but this I do...

Former cabinet minister David Davis was the only Conservative MP to vote against the changes to the Public Order Bill.
He told the Today programme: "There's too many elements of the law that are too crude and too broadly defined."
He added: "No-one wants a day ruined, but the right to put up placards is virtually absolute in British democracy."
He was pretty useless as a brexit minister but has a good record on civil rights.

Blup

In actual fact the jury reached their decision because of conflicting pathology reports...
It makes no difference. A heart attack triggered by the fall and excessive bad living or internal bleeding etc makes no difference. A defendant takes his victim as he finds him R v LeBrun (1991) 4 All ER 673. As a result, any pre-dispositions or inherent weaknesses or vulnerabilities of the victim are deemed irrelevant.

The facts of the case pivot on Harwood's powers under 117 PACE and his "mens rea". Did he set out to do something he knew was an unlawful act.

I'll correct you...

We're all in trouble over this...

Because the UK is now a police state and plod do what they are told by their political/corporate masters...

Freedom of speech in the UK is dead, and sadly there are many out there who support that!

Lineker has been proven right again!
Don't forget Bliar wanted to detain suspects for a year, hiding behind so called police advice to make a political decision. David Davis spoke against that. We're not a police state but certain elements of the tory party would move us there. At the moment the judiciary is maintaining independence despite the best efforts of the right wing media.

Blup

Hopefully this unjust scandal will be a one-off and the ridiculous laws will be reversed at some point.

Meanwhile, this has actually been a huge publicity gift for the Republic movement. Most people probably didn't know they existed last week, this week most probably do. If they'd left them alone they'd have been a footnote in the event, now they're the main headlines.

If they can pursue a few wrongful arrest claims then win or lose, they'll get the equivalent of £millions of advertising for their cause, all for little or no money.

Hopefully this was a massive shot in the foot for the establishment, they've successfully turned a chunk of the population against them and have publicised the organisation that's organising it all. Good.

And what if they wanted to stand in a town square half a mile away, holding up a poster that said "I don't like football?"
How would that interrupt the match? Doesn't sound like a problem.
So long as they don't then march to the ground, of course.
Protesters like to meet in one place and march to another. It only takes about 10 minutes to walk half a mile.

I think that is the point.

Protesting away from the event should be lawful

I think that is the point.

Protesting away from the event should be lawful
Why shouldn't protesting at an event be lawful?

Otherwise what is the point :rolleyes:

Meanwhile plod is spreading more lies about 'fake stewards' and 'bottles of paint' to distract from their dystopian nightmare behaviour...

But just out of interest, does anyone believe that someone should be arrested because someone whispers in 'plod's shell like' that something might happen?

They seem to ignore tip offs over ordinary crime, but then I guess royalty/politicians are above their 'treat the rest like scum' radar!

Sponsored Links
Back