Plod in London

Sponsored Links
Don’t. Be. Daft. And stop watching Tulsa King.

I ran a training course some years ago, and one of the delegates was a lump of a bloke. Well over six feet tall, and broad with it.
Chatting with him over the breaks, found out he was an amateur boxer.

I asked him if he'd ever been pasted.

Once he said, outside a pub.

He said that, in his younger years, he'd been a horrible, gobby git, and would willingly use his abilities to cause trouble.

Until an afternoon in a shoithole boozer in Tipton

A little fella, quietly supping at the end of the bar, told big lad that he was growing tired of his yap, and to wind his neck in.

Gobby asked him what he was going to do about it, so the old fella offered to discuss it outside.

Gobby thought it was a bit unfair, as the other bloke looked like Andy Capp (shirt, tie, waistcoat, and a flat cap almost covering his eyes).
And he was a foot shorter, and 8 stone wringing wet.

Andy Capp knocked Gobby all over the place and, after smashing his nose in and dropping him again, asked if he'd had enough.
Gobby said so, so Andy Capp offered him a hanky for the blood, took him back in, and bought him a pint.

Gobby said he'd learned a valuable lesson that day. He said he could quite easily have been stabbed too, or had his head kicked in while down.

Many a person in prison for manslaughter for doing similar. People can die from one punch.

Sponsored Links
It is unusual but it does happen. Remember this guy...?

A brave pensioner fought off a mugger by putting his fists up to punch him during a cashpoint robbery.

The 77-year-old was using the cash machine when a crook demanded money. But instead of giving in to the younger mugger, the plucky pensioner put up his fists in true boxing fashion - and threw punches at him.(y)
That’s one plucky pensioner putting his fists up against a smack head trying to take his pension. Good on him but it’s not exactly a man in his 70’s 'dropping' 3 or 4 healthy young men in a brawl as in Dorks fantasy.

I don’t think the type of 4 healthy young men that would get in a brawl would need to be that 'hard' to overcome a 70 odd year old bloke no matter what condition he’s in.

Sponsored Links
Back