enforced paramedics meal breaks

Rules are rules, the operator who should have not been put in this position. I believe the coroner said that the delay did not effect the outcome as the person was terminally ill although this is absolutely no excuse. It is management who imo should be prosecuted for their causing un-necessary suffering as they have implemented the policy with an unrealistic contingency plan.
I know it's wrong what happened but it is something which I think we will see more of as the eu create even more daft rules.

Sponsored Links
RULES ARE RULES ??

listen to yourself say it a few times ok then put yourself in the dispatchers position would YOU follow rules

Why should the dispatcher break the rules and face disciplinary etc? If the dispatcher had contacted the paramedics who then went out and something went wrong, who would get the blame? I still blame the people who made these rules.

THEN you have no heart and you are ruled by rules

rules are there to be broken

no one would have faced any disicplinary action the press would love to have a martyr

rules before life ?

i think not baby puppy :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
THEN you have no heart and you are ruled by rules

rules are there to be broken
Since I live in the area where this happened the last thing I want to see is this ever happen again, locally or anywhere else. I also realise it is not the responsibility of the dispatcher/paramedics to rewrite the rules to which they work, they are not paid to do this whereas management are. At the end of the day, the dispatcher should not have been landed in this predicament. I prefer to point the finger of blame at the correct people, which in this case is not the people at the bottom of the ladder. It should not have taken a tragic event like this to bring to light the faults with the system, for which they should hopefully learn and lets hope this never happens again.
no one would have faced any disicplinary action the press would love to have a martyr
Unfortunately real life is not as black and white as this, if the bloke had died at the hands of a paramedic who shouldn't have been there, what sort of situation do you think they would be in then?
rules before life ?
You wouldn't like to think so, but I am not going to lay the blame on the dispatcher who is following the rules/policy whatever i.e. just doing their job, possibly dealing with other simultaneous emergencies whereas I do blame those who implement a policy like this without considering the consequences and implementing a satisfactory solution.

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE

just doing there jobs

come on think

just doing there jobs

if that was your dad or mam lying dead cos they just done there job you would beat a path to there door and the blame lies at the despatcher

if i was told i had a rule to ignore a gas leak when i am my tea break i would tell them to p*ss off

we are all accountable for our actions and more so for our inactions :cool:

The problem was that the dispatcher was doing their job as instructed by implementing what they have been told by their management. This is the problem, if this daft policy was not enforced on the dispatcher/paramedics in the first place, or if it was implemented properly there wouldn't have been a problem and this situation would not have occured would it?
I understand your viewpoint that rules can be broken, which you would hope everyone would pull out all the plugs to get there quickly in an emergency and I am not condoning what happened here, just blaming the people where I believe the blame actually lies.

yes i agree the one that knew it was an emergency and didnt act accordingy

ie the DISPATCHER

Sponsored Links
Back