Plug for Sink & Washing Machine Trap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for what must be very simple question.

The plumbing under our sink has a sink/washing appliance trap with a waste hose connection point for 2 appliances. We are only using one of these at the moment. When the appliance runs some foam & waste is ejected via the unused connection, which is a pain.

I've looked at Screwfix, Wickes etc but I can't see an end plug that I can replace the unused 32mm hose connection with. A 32mm push fit doesn't fit (as it is exactly the same size as the fitting - I've tried) and 40mm is clearly too big.

What should get instead to block off the unused connection?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not seen one but you could change the trap for less than £4 with only one spigot. :D

shove some paper in the hole to block it then seal with silicone on the "wet" side, i chuck 3 of these away everyday on the kitchens i'm fitting when we connect the washing machines :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back