Plug socket question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I built a partition wall and at the time didnt think that I would need plugs on one side. Now I do need plugs, theres is not any mains to tap into nearby so I was wondering if I could use a bit of wire and put a plug on the end and a 2gang switched socket on the other end. Then set the 2gang socket into the wall but drill the wire through to a spare socket in the kitchen, just plug it in and use it like an extension cord.

The reason I ask is the mains wires for the plug sockets is alot thicker then the bit of wire I have to do the job.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming the socket you intend to 'plug into' is part of a ring or radial and not already a spur would it not be easier to run cable from the back of there to your new socket?

You could do as suggested but it sounds rubbish and will probably look rubbish.

I fear you don't really understand your situation

I just finished it, I had an old exstension lead and cut the plugs off and put on a 2 gang socket in the wall. Drilled through to the kitchen and plugged it in.

The socket I plugged it into is behind the cupboards so you cant see anything!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back