Plug socket screws

rcs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any easy tips to attach a replacement plug socket facia if the screws are too short as the wall has been dry lined with thermaboard? Even the 50mm replacements are too short.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
If the back boxes were set deep in to the old wall, then you might end up needing M3.5's that are longer than 75mm.

If that is the sort of depth were talking about why not junk the old metal b/boxes and fit some dry lining boxes and avoid the issue completely. Just remember to adapt the board to allow the dry lining lugs to close against the plaster board part of the board. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Poor workman ship to be honest (by the builder).

The socket boxes should have been moved forward. If you need screws any longer than 50mm, it is a real bodged job IMO.

Thanks for the replies. I got a couple of M3.5mm screws that did the job. The boxes were set to the correct depth for drywall but with the 50mm of thermaboard, adjusted to correct an out of plumb wall by the plasterer, they look like they're buried! I thought about using dryliner boxes but the faff of getting the metal one out for the sake of 20 pence!! All resolved now though.
Cheers
rcs

i have a large box full of various sizes of "extension rings" for single and double socket boxes that vary in size from 10 - 40mm.. usefull things..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back