plug sockets

thanks for all this, just to clarify the diagram is just to demonstate the route the cable's are taking and not the way round the living room.
I assumed it was a diagram showing the cable locations - no point to it otherwise.

If it didnt change the route then am i right in saying there is no need for the metal holster.
Not necessarily.

I'll try this once more, and perhaps when you've sobered up it might make sense.

If the cable routes relied on the presence of accessories to make them valid and you remove the accessories then you invalidate the routes.

Sponsored Links
If you have the two remaining sockets on the same wall in the same room a single cable between them will be fine (no joins). From your diagram, to do this you'd need to put back one socket. As BAS keeps pointing out, anything else requires thinking out the safe zone. See the diagrams; you might find it easier to run your cable in the safe zone near the ceiling, or even take up a floorboard and run in the space there. As (I think?) you said that you will tackle upstairs later, then at some time you'll need to do this anyway, so perhaps just do that and put in a new cable with no worries about joints or zones.
The cables do not need covering with metal as, because it is ground floor, you should already be protecting them with a RCCB.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back