plug stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just pulled the dishwasher out to prepare for a kitchen rejig and found that the plug was stuck to the sound deadening panel on the back(I am going to have to be super accurate in my positioning of the new socket to get it to line up with the pins of the plug..................)
20190524_082838.jpg

Sponsored Links
ha ha

prise the plug off the sticky material (you may need a blunt knife of scraper)

and put something on the back of the appliance to stop it happening again. I taped on a sheet of Baking Parchment, which has a non-stick surface, when the same thing happened to me, because it was handy.

If you could be bothered, you can put a couple of battens on the wall to hold the appliance off by 25mm or so, then it would push back straight.

Sponsored Links
Is this a surface mounted box? If so you could replace it with a flush box too.

I know I can prise it off the back of the dishwasher and it was into a flush mounted socket. I think when it gets moved the new socket will be inside the adjacent cabinet

lol

pins are nice and shiny

I thought that and considering the dishwasher has been in place for at least ten years the socket contacts must have been nice and tight (mind you it did have a dishwasher constantly pressing it into place!!):)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back