Plumb and radiator

Why were his tools "at work"?

Was he really a general plumber offering his services to the public?

Or was he an employed man working on the side?

You say you got him because you did not have a gas torch and solder. If that was the case then why did you not ring round and borrow them to do the job yourself?

Sponsored Links
To be fair to the plumber, it could have been ok when he left. A mate of mine once asked me to have a look at leak for him shortly after he'd left the same job. I know for a fact he very rarely has any leaks and we both use copper for heating. It turned out that the solder had cracked. Even the customer said it was ok after my mate left. Job done same evening, customer was happy and has had us both back to do other jobs.

My mate still owes me a favour. :D

Personally, I don't believe in only working 9am - 5pm. Maybe it's because as a kid I worked on farms, no such thing as weekends, bank holidays or even Xmas! As I'm a sole trader, I'll always make an effort to get out to breakdowns ASAP.

What if the OP had a major leak on the cold mains and could not sort themselves?

That's just my view, some guys may not like it but that's all I'm used to.

James.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tjs
He offered his services before, so as I never had blow torch etc and got a full time job myself just thought it would been easier for someone to do as busy doing other stuff. I had to phone around and lucky enough a family friend neighbour had one.

We still don't know why his tools" were at work"!

Not normal for a general plumber offering his services to the public.

Sponsored Links
We still don't know why his tools" were at work"!

Not normal for a general plumber offering his services to the public.

True, but at the very least, he could have gone to a local B & Q and got some rapid set putty as a temp repair to get some heat and hot water back on.

James.

Not too sure agile, but I'm a tradesmen myself, I have a 2nd tool kit at home, not everything but just the basics. if I do a job and it goes wrong I'll be there in a flash, after all good feedback and good recommendation is a blessing in this climate. :D

If I cannot find some tool then I just buy another at Toolstation so that I can do the job.

I end up with masses of pipecutters but sometimes still cannot find one. Like the 28 mm cutter I need to find at the moment! I have three!

If I cannot find some tool then I just buy another at Toolstation so that I can do the job.

I end up with masses of pipecutters but sometimes still cannot find one. Like the 28 mm cutter I need to find at the moment! I have three!

That's it mate, it's all about how bothered people are at solving a problem.

James.

Two maintenance men, well maintenance manager and employee were taking up floorboards for me yesterday!

They did not have a circular saw or even a drill and just used a hammer and chisel to cut the boards!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back