Plumber struggling with vr66 install vaillant

Thank you all for your responses.

I spoke to vaillant advance. He went through a few d.7 settings which basically specifies the set up of the cylinder(3 port , 2 port , s plan y plan etc). And now it works.

He said this boulder does not need zone valves . And the boiler man could have plumbed it in a less labour intensively way.

Did anyone else mention that throughout this thread :whistle:

Sponsored Links
FFS so is it actually working now ? It is , then it isn't then it is :rolleyes:

FFS Bernard stop digging and your arguing about an appliance you barely know about ;)

FFS so is it actually working now ? It is , then it isn't then it is :rolleyes:

FFS Bernard stop digging and your arguing about an appliance you barely know about ;)
It should work if you take out the two MVs, take out the VR66, wire the VR10 correctly and set up the cylinder re HW priority....:rolleyes:

D.07 what's all that about?

about an appliance you barely know about
The boiler I will accept that my knowledge is limited,

Two wire power and data bus design is something I do know about having used / developed more than one version over the years. A system similar to the bus promoted by Karl Dungs ( a German manufacturers of heating systems was already being used in England at the end of the 1970's.

The non polarised version allows for less than competent installers to screw up the polarity and not damage the modules.

Sponsored Links
D.07 what's all that about?
:LOL: , he's fishing
The boiler I will accept that my knowledge is limited,

Two wire power and data bus design is something I do know about having used / developed more than one version over the years. A system similar to the bus promoted by Karl Dungs ( a German manufacturers of heating systems was already being used in England at the end of the 1970's.

The non polarised version allows for less than competent installers to screw up the polarity and not damage the modules.
the problem is bernerd your generalising , you have engineers ( the bunnies ) who know these boilers inside out and you've read there post as a sweeping statement and still try to prove your statement right :rolleyes: . your statement is right in a GENERALISED situation thou .

but what i do think is that the OP is full of it TBH and i reckon he's doing this job himself either as a DIY or its a plumber out of his depth(y);)

the problem is bernerd your generalising
The basic laws of science are generally applicable to all things technical

you have engineers ( the bunnies ) who know these boilers inside out
how often does this inside out knowledge owe more to the marketting hype for the boiler and less for a scientific appraisal of the boiler by the installer ( applies to all makes and too many expert boiler technicians.

Let's assume everything you've posted is true and correct!

In which case it now works.
Don't let the guy who doesn't understand it near it again.

When a zone valve fails whenever that may be. Find someone who knows these controls to remove both valves and rewire correctly.

hes full of shyte , so many people with imaginary friends and plumbers :rolleyes: , op. get someone who knows what their doing because really it could be completed pretty quick and save yourself fibbing anymore ;)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back