Plumber wants to learn air conditioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did a plumbing Apprenticeship many moons ago, became corgi reg later which I didnt renew, I was thinking of learning how to install and maintain air contioning, does anyone know if this would be a long drawn out , years back at college, I am now living in spain and air con is the thing to be in.
thanks

Sponsored Links
why did you go to all the effort of getting your corgi ticket and not maintain it

i meant someone else who did this last year and had to walk away as I though he was mental. You're not in Brum are you?

hi Mg, its a long story, I used to live in brum, but I moved away 20 yrs ago, when I got my cogi ticket, I couldnt take the pressure, I would go to houses and have to tell them that other things in the house werent safe, the boss I used to work for would put me under pressure to get the job done and it all just got to much,I then worked for Drake and scull a big company down south, Im not into being self employed, Im not motivated enough, adverting, all the stuff that goes with working for yourself, some people are born to be self employed, alot are not, they just want to do a good job and not worry about the paper work. I worked for drake and scull and didnt need to be corgi so it lapsed, and I was happy with them.
where are you in brum,?.
I might be going back to uk soon to the brighton area so will be looking for work in that area, just have to wait and see how things pan out.

Sponsored Links
Until the recession aircon was the thing to be going into as its a rapid growth area and there are few qualified people.

Now its at the top end of luxuries people are not spending on.

I think that more important than what you might do is to find some opportunity that suits you as it sounds as if you are not cut out for all jobs.

I have no problem working in most situations but I do have to say that the worst customers are usually the ones with the most money!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back