plumbing apprentice !

and your point?

My point is that from our neck of the woods you are judged on a daily basis by the colour of shirt you choose to or not to wear, and that times change and younger folk not only speak different but they CHOOSE type different.
This does not mean they are wrong but just means they are different.
12 to 15 years ago people threw things at Marc Walters and Paul Elliot (their own fans) but people act and think different now.

Sponsored Links
yep just ignore gassafeman , hes immature tbh , just moaning bout little things , im sure its just some kid from scotland who just likes to merk people!!

and your point?

My point is that from our neck of the woods you are judged on a daily basis by the colour of shirt you choose to or not to wear, and that times change and younger folk not only speak different but they CHOOSE type different.
This does not mean they are wrong but just means they are different.
12 to 15 years ago people threw things at Marc Walters and Paul Elliot (their own fans) but people act and think different now.

Have to say as someone who can still claim to be a member of the "younger folk" that I disagree. Yes I use text language when texting, because there's a limited amount of space, but that does not mean that it is acceptable to use it at any other time.

As the OP is asking for work and therefore effectively applying for a job on here he would have done himself a power of good to spend a little more time getting his spelling, punctuation and grammar correct.

As far as I can see, he has so far shown laziness (in not typing correctly in the first place), aggressiveness (when Paul suggested he correct the error he simply hurled abuse) and a lack of willingness to take on board and act on advice and constructive criticism, instead preferring to do things his own way. Any one of these, especially in the currect climate of high competition, would make him unemployable.

Bertram, take the advice dispensed, clean up, stop abusing people, learn some manners and write correctly, it will do a lot for your image. I can understand that you're desperate to get a job (half way through my apprenticeship I was made redundant so I know exactly how hard it is to get a new job) and will do anything to get one. Posting on forums is a good idea but you should do it in plain longhand English, and adopt a polite and level-headed attitude if you want it to get you anywhere.

Good luck in finding a job.

who did you work for?

dont think he is a troll as i did the same day release at accrington from 9am til 8pm (nothing wrong with a bit of exhageration)

i work in blackburn and preston, im suprised college cant find you anything as they are usually pretty good, is it still dave berry and andy shorrock?

Sponsored Links
astarquitefrankly

hey, i worked for James Boardmans Ltd. all industrial and commercial work
and yep im on the same day release on mondays.

College dont seem to be very useful at finding me a job :/

Ye dave berry is still there but andy shorrock has left and is now working at blackburn college!

this never happened.......

£30 software........

sweep,sweep...........

nothing to see here.............

copyright Mr P Lawell

ha erm im not guna write it all down on here !!!
first of all to much to write down , im bust searching for other jobs !!! , not guna write all my qualifications down , wht tasks i can do etc !!!
You need 1 "O" Level in English and 1 other. Like me . But that was 1970 :LOL: Just blame your parent`s generation who voted for Thatcher ;) . You might as well get a job in Maccy D`s.

You need 1 "O" Level in English and 1 other. Like me . But that was 1970 icon_lol.gif Just blame your parent`s generation who voted for Thatcher icon_wink.gif . You might as well get a job in Maccy D`s.

i hve or i wudnt be doin it ? hahahaha lmao ^^^^^

nogoodatfaultfinding: My point is that from our neck of the woods you are judged on a daily basis by the colour of shirt you choose to or not to wear, and that times change and younger folk not only speak different but they CHOOSE type different.

Well, at 35 (and based in London) I wear whatever shirt is clean. They are in my company's livery and are blue or black.
If its cold I wear a sweatshirt in the same colours.

younger folk not only speak different but they CHOOSE type different.

Thats unfortunate as if anyone was to apply for a job with me and had CHOSEN to type like that, they would not even get an interview. Firstly because its lazy, and secondly, its hard to understand what is being said.

Agile: When posting on here you are addressing potential employers and you should realise that and be careful to ensure that you make a good impression.

A very good point.

bertrum09: yep just ignore gassafeman , hes immature tbh , just moaning bout little things , im sure its just some kid from scotland who just likes to merk people!!

From someone who actually PM'd me asking if I wanted his CV. I am guessing as I ignored his message, he is annoyed and thinks I'm a kid from Scotland.
I can assure you Im not out to 'merk' people, and Im neither a child, or living in Scotland. Many regulars on here know me. (Most dont like me :D , but they know where I am and what I do.)

Paul.

Take no notice of them son, keep trying. I couldn't string two words together at your age & have gone on to run a Plumbing business for over 30 years. I have trained 100's of apprentices like you & understand what it's like.

Certainly there's few jobs available & it's very tough, but you must keep trying, offer to work for a couple of weeks with no pay & prove yourself!!

Unfortunately this forum is peppered with CC/CCC(course cowboys & career change chancers), and the abuse they dish out appears to be acceptable by the Mods. Hence the abuse you have received.

Keep trying fella!!!!

For all apprentices that have unfortunately been made redundant as a result of the downturn;

You are a valuable asset to our trade, keep trying to get work, don't give up. Get help to improve your CV and follow some of the advice given above. Speak to your trade association, for example SNIPEF are trying to get other jobs for guys/girls like you. Perhaps it's the same in other parts of the UK??

If you have tried in vain to get a job, try harder!! If things are so bad in your area, get on as many courses as you can, for example training on renewables etc will make you more employable.

Our trade is such that there is always peaks & troughs. Don't be discouraged, we have all gone through tough times. But a Plumbing apprenticeship is very valuable.

So good luck!!

Unfortunately this forum is peppered with CC/CCC(course cowboys & career change chancers), and the abuse they dish out appears to be acceptable by the Mods. Hence the abuse you have received.

you missed out trolls puller

oh yeah like you :LOL:

I couldn't string two words together at your age & have gone on to run a Plumbing business for over 30 years. I have trained 100's of apprentices like you & understand what it's like.

what 1 a week

:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back