Plumbing in Bidet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bathroom is situated a few feet opposite Bathroom. Bathroom floor now has a tiled floor. If I were to plumb in a Bidet, is it OK to 'T'off a hot and cold feed from the neighbouring wash basin.
If I still had floor board access, would the 'proper' way be to take new feeds from the pipework in the airing cupboard. Perhaps somebody could point me in the direction of an article re plumbing in one of these? Thanks in advance. By the way I have the traditional gravity fed system, with the F&E & C/W storage cistern.

Sponsored Links
No problem with the 'T' ing off, but the cold supply would have to be low pressure too. Fit non return isolators in the supply.
John :)

providing you keep away from bidets with ascending sprays or flexible hoses supply can be fed from either its own pipe or from the distributing pipe supply.
stick with just a mixer tap then you only need a auk2 air gap to prevent backflow.

double check valves only protect against cat 3 risk
bidet with a ascending spray or hose is cat 5 risk and can only be protected by a non mechanical set up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back