Plumbing qualifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Best way to get into plumbing. Son has decided he doesn't like his current college course and is looking at starting a level 2 City & Guilds in plumbing. Then level 3 the following year.

Could any of you guys offer any advice. Is this a good route to go down or are there any better ways. What other qualifications are on offer.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
unfortunately the trade has been very diluted with the influx of European migrants, I will not be drawn into the Brexit and political bit, but so many migrants working for next to nothing and sending money home , is making it really hard for companies to pay for training for youngsters to train, I am ashamed to say that I am in the same boat, I would love to train up a lad or lass and pass on what I have learned over the years , but I can employ a European and get grants to pay them and send then straight out to work on day one, totally wrong I agree but it is what it is

For a chap that wants to embark on a plumbing career then the C&G course are a UK industry recognised standard. As a start he wants a CG6035 level 2 then up to level 3 and employment with a company with fully qualified plumber to complete his portfolio, the college may help with a placement.

As @ianmc mentions though the industry has been significantly watered down by migrant workers and he needs to do his research well and understand the local position before he dives in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back