plumming in kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help
We have installed a new kitchen and asked a local plummer to fit the sink all he did was attach the taps, washing machine and dishwasher we had no water for nearly four days he charged as £160.00 within hours of him leaving we had to call him back because the dish washer was leaking he then charged us another £40.00 claiming it was a new fault. Days later we find the the main cold water inlet is leaking and must have been since his last visit last week the water running down the tap and into the back of the cabinet making the cabinet split. The fitting is so loose you can move it by hand. Now we can't get hold of the plummer. He came highly recommended believe it or not!

Any suggestions will tightening work, we don't have a wrench that will fit.

Help :cry:

Sponsored Links
thanks,

this is worrying me sick my husband has just used the sink and the mixer tap is wobbling and dripping. We know nothing about plumming but I think we need to learn and quickly.

WIll tightening the tap stop the leak it looks like it has been cross threaded!

Sorry to sound so stupid this is beyond me and the plummer wipped us out of all our saving as this bill was more double is quote

It realy is a shame you hadnt been using this forumn before, perhaps you could havesaved yourself ££ or at least new what was wanted. I know its easy after the event.

Sponsored Links
finally got hold of plummer but he's not happy agreed to come back!!!
any suggestions on what I should check this time?

Seriously though, you need some type of agreement or guarantee(sp) that he must come back for free to correct his mistakes, sounds a proper cowboy to me, i'm not a plumber but have done that type of work without the slightest bother

chek all the joints with tissues.will show any leaks.do this in front of him and b4 he leaves.

This demonstrates the need to check that anyone you engage is capable of doing the work you need done.

A member of the Institute gives you a guarantee of a proper job or you can make a complaint.

With others find a recommendation based on the actual task you need. Someone who successfully changed a tap washer may not be able to mend a boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back